Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stretching the umbilical....

Already feeling disconnected.  That gasping sound you heard last night was my cell phone breathing its last breaths before AT&T cut service at midnight.  I felt immediate panic, but got in a few last minute calls.  Oh nooooooo!  Deep breathing was required.  The umbilical is thinning......    Still have e-mail for another day.  Let's get every bit of value possible out of it before also becomes an unknown.  After schlepping stuff around airports yesterday, my immediate thought upon arriving at 10:30 last night was "what can I unload." Turns out I am not alone.  My twenty something roommate for training brought even more.  So I've already done another round of re-packing and have lightened my load. Working on her suitcase now - old habits die hard.  First of many such episodes I suspect.  At training we will get even more stuff!

What I want now is more sleep - but 22 hours on a plane should take care of some of that.
N

No comments:

Post a Comment