Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yippee - we are now Peace Corps Volunteers!

Finally!  Today was the swearing in ceremony held at the home of the  Charge d'Affairs for the Ambassador to Uganda.  Beautiful setting, moving ceremony and we are celebrating tonight.  Moving to Gulu town tomorrow early and trading out my internet modem for a new network provider - so there will be "radio silence" until I get situated!  Oh my - now it begins anew.  Off now - more later!  Drink a glass of bubbly for me - none here!

N

1 comment:

  1. We did in fact have some bubbly for you! Now the real fun begins. can't wait to hear what your official "jobs" will be and the possibilites you see in it. Did you ever read the Art of Possibility? (Think that's the correct title) Fabulous book that reminds us that the reality we see depends on how we look at it--two priests were sent into a developing country to see if there was a need for the Abby to make shoes to sell there. One came back and said "no way, no one in that muddy, god-forsaken counrty wears shoes" The other returned and said "My yes! there are no shoes at all in that country." I know you to be the second type. Hugs, E

    ReplyDelete